This laboratory was established in 1996 for Human Genome Analysis. The Human Genome Project is a research filed to produce the most important information for life science and will have an enormous impact on the medical research. The current study in our laboratory is focused on isolation of disease-related genes through genomic analysis. The major subjects are as follows.
(1) Isolation and functional analysis regulated by tumor suppressor genes, p53, APC, PTEN
(2) Establishment of Personalized Medicine through genetic characterization of cancer cells
(3) Expression profile analysis by cDNA microarray
(4) Searching genes associated with disease susceptibility
(5) Gene therapy of cancer using animal models
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine
Professor: Yusuke Nakamura, M.D., Ph.D.
Laboratory of Genome Technology
Associate Professor: Koichi Matsuda, M.D.,Ph.D
Research Associate: Ryuji Hamamoto, Ph.D.
Technical Support Specialist: Syuji Nisikawa