Institute of Medical Science Library, the University of Tokyo.
This page is the list of frequently-asked questions about how to use e-journals, databases, books, and so on.
If this page can't clear up your questions, please feel free to ask the IMSUT Library staff.
- The IMSUT Library ¨ Mail: imstoshoims.u-tokyo.ac.jp@iPlease change "" to "@", when you send a e-mail)
TEL: +81-3-5449-5226, ext.75226 @FAX: +81-3-5449-5404
- ASKiOnline reference servicej
How to use e-jorunals and databases
- How to use e-journals and databases outside campus.
¨@Online services available from outside the campus [GACoS]
- I want to know how to use e-journals.
- I want to select e-journals or databases by purposes.
- I want to learn steps searchig articles and geting it.
- Can I search many databases at a time?
¨@Quick Guide (GACoSj
- I want to learn about "MEDICAL ONLINE". On the database, the file type displayed is "FAX", not "PDF".
¨@How to use "MEDICAL ONLINE" - you can use the FAX service [JPN] [IMS only]
- I want to look through manuals of databases.
¨@GACoSFDatabase User Guide
How to search OPACs for book form
- I want to konw which library is holding journals and books I need.
¨@Quick Guide (GACoSj
- Can I use journals/books searched on UT OPAC at the IMSUT Library? I don't know how to read the search result of UT OPAC.
¨@How to use the IMSUT Library > Location of materials
- The journals/books was not searched on UT OPAC. Can I pick other means?
- I want to read research report summaries of Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research(KAKEN-HI) .
¨@Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) Database
¨@How to search themes of research projects by grants-in-aid [JPN] [IMS only]
- I want to read dissertations and theses.
¨@Caution! The IMSUT don't offer degrees. So the IMSUT Library isn't holding dissertations.
¨@Doctorial Dissertation Database The University of Tokyo
- I want to read newspapers.
¨@List of academic contents : Newspapers and weekly magazine [JPN]
- I want to check syllabi.
¨@Link to syllabi of graduate schools of the University of Tokyo [JPN]
How to get materials from other libraries
- I want to request for photocopying materials/borrowing books from intra/inter libraries.
- I want to change the pick-up library ("Receipt counter").
- What's e-DDS?
¨@Request services : ILL
How to use the IMSUT Library
- How to use the IMSUT Library?
¨@Users guide for IMSUT members
- I want to use the IMSUT Library after graduation/retirement.
¨@Library guide for non-member of IMSUT
¨@For alumni (UT Library system)
¨@For non-members (UT Library system)
How to use other libraries
- I want to to visit the other library directly.
¨@How to visit the other library directly
- I want to return books borrowing from libraries on campus. I want to renew a loan.
¨@Request services : How to return books borrowing from libraries on campus, How to renew a loan
How to write articles
- Wtat's bibliographc tools?
¨@How to use RefWorks
¨@How to use Mendeley
¨@How to use EndNote Web
- I want to learn instructions to authors, publication ethics and copyright.
¨@Link for writing articles.[JPN]
- I want to participate in a training session for using e-jorunals/databases.
¨@Database Training Course Schedule
Copyright (C) 2005-2019 The Institute of Medical Science Library, the University of Tokyo. All rights reserved.